Wednesday, 21 July 2010

Araucania Ranco Multi




One of the nicest things about multi-coloured yarn is seeing how it knits up... sometimes, like with Noro Kureyon and Silk Garden Sock the yarn creates a kind of organic self stripe, and other times, like with Araucania Ranco Multi a kind of mossy effect is created...


When I look at a new skein of yarn/ball of wool I have no idea what way it's going to knit up and am always surprised... I have never hand dyed a yarn but see that Ranco Multi yarn is dyed in a way to ensure fairly short lengths of one colour... as opposed to Noro or Schoppel Wolle's Zauberball which must dye long (fairly random) lengths one colour ... I really must give dyeing (with an e) a go ;)

I'm really pleased with this photo :) ... it's taken of a sample scarf of the Ranco Multi sock yarn I sell in the shop




and here's a close-up of the mossy effect...




1 comment:

  1. I have always loved variegated threads and yarns!

    ReplyDelete