Sunday, 11 July 2010

Zauberball ... take 2

... somewhat disappointed with yesterdays photos of Zauberball I've given them another shot :)















To my amateur eye it seems like whenever I put a red yarn with any other colour the red looks really saturated with colour and the other colours look dull beside it!... whereas, in real life, they look beautiful beside each other...

so I've taken out the brighter reds and oranges and put less colours together... I'm hoping it shows the lovely Zauberball off better ...















... I'll check back tomorrow to see if I still thoink so;)














...  I'm mostly using P mode (with the white balance set) and macro but am open to any suggestions on how to take a decent yarn photo.. as I've yet to read the manual (digital field guide by j. dennis thomas)... hopefully will make a start over the wonderfully close (1 week) summer hols :) roll on!

7 comments:

  1. hmm. I see what you mean about the intense saturation of the red/orange in the previous post. unfortunately i'm a photography newbie and have no advice! the photos in this post are very crisp and the colors look true. but somehow they look kind of ... scratchy? do you know what i mean? i'm sure if i had the first clue about photography i could just say something about a setting or mode.

    but i do love the composition of each photo, and the way you changed up the arrangements of the color combinations. the color pairings are great too, for showing each individual colorway off to great advantage.

    i'm enjoying learning from your experimentation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thankyou :) for your kind thoughts... I know what you mean about scratchy ... the yarn looks really soft in real life but quite hard in the photos ... hopefully I'll be able to play around over the holidays... and maybe read a bit of the manual ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your photos are great! I agree that reds generally make the other colors look muddy; maybe it is a psychological thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for visiting my blog. there are a couple of tutorials about yarn photo taking on this person's blog.

    http://eskimimiknits.com/other-stuff/

    maybe they will help, although i think your pictures look great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your photos! The colors look great!
    Makes me want to get my needles out!
    I think photos are hard to get right. A constant struggle for me!
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this wool - I have used the red/orange to crochet little flowers for a garland.

    Thank you for your kind comment.

    ReplyDelete