Thursday, 26 August 2010

Mini Mochi

Some of the marvellously soft and squishy Mini Mochi sock yarn has arrived so I've spent a lovely afternoon doing my favourite thing.... yarnography :)





















































The new Autumn 2010 shades Bodega Bay, Jessica's Crayon Box, Caramel Latte and Spice Market haven't been sent yet so I'll blog them when they arrive :)

oh... and thanks for your thoughts on the sock patterns... being unable to decide on one I've ordered the Alanya and the Marrak patterns for knitting kits ;)

12 comments:

  1. Thanks for your lovely comment :)
    That yarn looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I love all those greens

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful colours!! I really need to check out this yarn :)

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want them all!!! I just love the way all those colors blend together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love them all but I especially love the colors in that first ball! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what pretty pretty colors:) yarnography is sooo much fun, especially when you have light! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh, I'm loving those greens. Do you put the yarn into a light box of some sorts to get that seamless white look?

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow, you've gotten pretty nifty with your new camera - these photos are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ... I haven't been using a light-box .... I've used the following tutorial in a conservatory
    http://eskimimiknits.com/2009/08/photography-tutorial-faq-part-i/

    ...so I've set the camera on P and taken a pic of the white curved card background (to set the white balance) before putting the yarn on :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are really pretty yarns. Thank you for showing them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yarnography! I love it :) Great shots!

    I haven't used mini mochi, but I made a hat with Chunky mochi and it was a dream to knit with.. I'll have to try this one sometime.

    ReplyDelete