Thursday, 4 November 2010

Simply Knitting competition


















Simply Knitting magazine are running a competition called 'All I Want for Christmas' in the December issue and one of my Marrak Socks Knitting Kits will be one of the prizes. I took a few pics of the kit after work today (when there was still a bit of daylight) while OH took a few in the evening (when I thought it impossible to take a decent pic). Anyway after looking at them for a long time this evening I think his pic may have turned out better! Although neither has a uniformly white background.

I sent both in... but may need to take some in better light on Saturday morning.
I'm really pleased with how the project bags have turned out :)

10 comments:

  1. Wow... I love the little project bag... will they be for sale on your website? Would love to buy a few for my sock knitting projects would be a great way of keeping single socks clean and with the wool to be used for the pair...

    ReplyDelete
  2. bod mor cŵl! (in case Google translate let me down, I was trying to say that is so cool!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are hilarious!!
    I've spoken to OH (the welsh speaking one;) and he reckons it's 'mae hwnna'n cŵl', in english 'that's cool'
    as far as I can see with Welsh, because it's such an ancient language a lot of modern words didn't exist.. so they use a version of english. I love the old sayings and hymns the best... like 'it's raining old women with sticks!' brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi nikki... glad you like it. I've sent you one with your order so you can try it out. It's a good idea to offer them separately on the website so I'll do so over the weekend, thanks pip

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet little bag - once the lace witch has her claws out of me and lets me return to socks... xo jrm

    ReplyDelete
  6. What does the contest consist of? Love that yarn!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi AC. There will be a page of various different yarn related products which readers have the chance to win by sending in their details.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks like a great prize/contest! I think those pictures work well, despite the non uniform background.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really enjoy reading the Simply Knitting magazine but sadly by the time the mag hits stands here the next one is already out. Thus I cant enter competitions but I'd love to.

    ReplyDelete