Friday, 17 December 2010

Sock Yarn One-Skein Wonders

Currently outside my cottage ...
Lovely snow :)
So luckily, yesterday, the postman delivered 'Sock Yarn One-Skein Wonders' which means I'm inside by an ash log (other half maintains this is the king of logs to burn... stacked to the left of the shed above) filled wood-burner with the beautiful book..


... and it is beautiful; I like the squarish size and the pretty colours down the side which correspond to the different sections: Reds and oranges are 'Hats and Caps', 'Mitts, Gloves and Cuffs' and 'Socks', blues are 'Scarves and Neck Warmers', 'Shawls' and 'Shimmy and Shrug', greens offer 'Small Wonders' and 'Clothes for Dolls', while pinks and purples show 'Bags and Purses', 'Decorative Wearables' and '(Not) Just for the Home'. There's also an interesting (cream and browns) section about the designers.

I'm most drawn to the fingerless mittens patterns at the minute, of which there are 6 designs to chose from (as well as a selection of full gloves and mittens). 

I know that my sister has knit me a very special pair of fingerless mittens and Fair Isle socks for Christmas and I can't wait to see them... I hope the snow clears so I'm able to fly home.


... a snowy scene by my house for sooc (straight out of the camera) Sunday over on Jan's blog ~ Murrieta 365 if you'd like to join in :)



17 comments:

  1. I like your photo of it snowing at night; it makes me want a cup of hot chocolate.

    I need to check out this sock yarn book. I love sock yarn, but I don't like making socks, so I'm always looking for other things to make with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such marvelously beautiful shots of snow! I like the book too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fairyland snowy world! Beautiful photo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stay warm, as you click away. Thanks for joining in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The snow is very pretty! I can see why you are looking forward to your new socks and mittens. :))

    ReplyDelete
  6. My boys have been using the bundles of yarn that I bought for them today, to weave with {something that my oldest just learned at school a few weeks ago}. We found some that is very large and plump and SOooooo soft.

    Your winter scene looks so much like my own surroundings....absolutely beautiful, and chilly :)

    Vermont Girl

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great shot of the snowflakes at night. Knitting is a wonderful talent and such a wonderful gift to receive something handmade.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful, love seeing your snowy conditions too... hope you get home...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful!!
    And I have to check that book out ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just love snow! I hope you get to go for Christmas too! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's good that you have a nice cozy fire to stay warm next to. Perfect knitting time. Hope you are able to see your sister for the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful SOOC shot. And I wanted to let you know that every time I visit your blog I think about learning to knit!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful picture. Good luck about getting to go for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  14. what a nice picture:) are you sure you aren't just right down the road from me? :) i've been curious about that book. i heard on a podcast that it is pretty good and not a bad price either for the amount of projects it includes:) happy holidays:)

    ReplyDelete