Sunday, 3 April 2011

www. Weekend in West Wales

We spent the weekend in Llyndafydd in West Wales visiting relations and walking the coastal path.
The view from the bungalow looking at the Crown Inn

We headed down on Friday after work so arrived at around 7pm and went for food in the Crown Inn which is just across the road from the bungalow where we stay ... very handy :)

Other half, myself and Auntie-in-law have been gradually walking the coastal path from New Quay to Cardigan over the past few months. This stretch of coastline is one of my most favourite places to be so I took along the camera to share the walk..

A lot of the path has only been opened in the last couple of years. Some of the walk feels like it's been cut into the side of a cliff and I wonder how they managed to do this, as even the smallest of diggers would topple on such a steep gradient.


It was a short and gentle stretch from Tresaith (above) ... 

First of the month.. April
... to Aberporth


9 comments:

  1. Great photos. It's so nice to have a goal like this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures. Glad you guys had a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i just like to read the names of places and try to imagine how you say them. you probably say them quite differently than i do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I would enjoy that walk... except perhaps the steep part?

    Love the capture of the dog on the quest

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely images. It beats my trip to Port Talbot any day!

    Lovely photos. I hope you had a relaxing time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing the pictures with us! It is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful photos Pip... hope you had a wonderful weekend away... Kipper looks so cute... I find myself looking at dogs a lot these days... still miss Shane and Gillie heaps...

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks like a lovely walk - and the blue skies are wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete