Tuesday, 19 July 2011

A Ring and a Story

After the events of the last few months Euros (my Welsh other-half not pronounced like the money ;) and I decided to get married... we've been together for 10 years and never considered ourselves the marrying kind but with my brother and Euros' mum and dad all passing away during the past year a celebration involving the families sounded like a great idea :)

The pretty Church in Kent
It's going to be a joint Christening/Wedding (a first for the minister!) with my brother's two girls being Christened first (we're Godparents to one) and then the wedding after with the girls as flowergirls.

Mum has totally taken over and arranged a lovely reception (thanks mum :) and I've chosen a simple linen dress...


We decided on plain white gold wedding bands bought from the jewellers in Aberystwyth (where Euros grew up) and I had decided not to get an engagement ring... as I rarely wear jewellery of any kind.

Today my next door neighbour knocked the door and said she had something to ask me and a story...

"About 35 years ago I was friends with a girl from Sweden. She was an au pair and unhappy and wanted to move back to Sweden... but had no money. So she asked me if I would buy some of her jewellery to pay her fare, so I gave what she asked and still have the jewellery. There's a ring which I would like you to have as an engagement ring (as long as Euros isn't put out)..."


... pretty :)

11 comments:

  1. Congratulations! That's a wonderful story and a beautiful ring. I wish you both nothing but happiness - I know it has been a hard year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations. That's so sweet of your neighbor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a lovely story and gift and a lovely idea to bring the families together in celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, and what a great story about the ring. I love the idea of the joint christening/wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty church, pretty dress and pretty ring. You're set! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful and generous...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a wonderful wedding and marriage!!! :0) I love the ring and the story behind it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's lovely! Congratulations. Its always a good idea to have a celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful! congrats and many blessings!!

    ReplyDelete