Monday, 1 August 2011

A Fairy Godmother and a Wife in a Day


So I got married yesterday, and became a Godmother (aka Fairy Godmother ;) to my niece in the same service. As friends and family had long distances to travel guests began arriving on Friday afternoon and continued to arrive until just before the wedding/baptism on Sunday so I got to spend 3 full days in their lovely company. There were 33 guests from Wales, Ireland, Germany, France and Italy... we are blessed to have such a wonderfully cosmopolitan family.
Nikki wound ribbons into my shoe ties in the morning...


I had a photoshoot with the lovely Ziggy ^..^ before we set off


I wandered down the driveway with my bridesmaids and page-boy (picking the ready apples from the garden). My brother, Paul, planted this garden which now produces a steady stream of apples, pears, plums, cherries... at any one time throughout the season there are always 2 or 3 fruit trees which the children and adults can enjoy. 


We walked up the road to All Soul's Chapel (aka Poundsbridge Church) 


We all traipsed over the fields to the Church (it felt a bit like a Little House on the Prairie Wedding)


This is where I become (Fairy) Godmother to my little niece..


... and this is the wedding part


After we put my flowers on my brother's grave


Then we had a wonderful reception at the local golf club...


And finally a garden party + bbq back at the house..


I think it was the perfect day... thanks mum :-)

10 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I wish you both a lifetime of happiness! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful day; congratulations to you all!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! Thanks for sharing pictures of your day with us.

    PS: I loved the "Little House on the Prairie" picture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! I am so glad you had such a perfect wedding day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pip! Congratulations! I'm so happy for you -- and your wedding reminds me of my daughter's wedding, in the prairie. You look absolutely beautiful, and I wish you brother could've been there with you. Ah, such a lovely day, seeing this post made my day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful pictures. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  7. look like a perfect day to me. congratulations to everything!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! I hope you had a truly wonderful day. Wishing you every happiness, Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh how beautiful was all that? Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have just found your shop and blog and love both. Belated congratulations on your marriage, what a beautiful way to do it x

    ReplyDelete