Saturday, 3 December 2011

Manos Silk Blend Hair Tube

Forest Canopy Cowl in Libra and Fingerless Mitts
Having recently added the Manos del Uruguay Silk Blend range to the shop I went in search of a suitable cowl to keep back my unruly hair and keep my ears cosy. I found the Forest Canopy Cowl over on Ravelry which turned out to be an easy and enjoyable lace knit and, after blocking lightly in order to keep elasticity, fits perfectly as a 'hair tube'. 


One skein of yarn was needed and there was a note on the pattern to say that I would come extremely close to running out. So I was delighted to find that there is a nice amount of yarn left and that it matches the purple Fyberspates Scrumptious I have left over from Fingerless Mittens beautifully! Together there's enough to make a pair of gloves or, possibly, another hair tube :)

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely lovely. I love the colours and the composition of the photographs. Excellent work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, that cowl is very similar to mine, made from Malagbrigo. see http://www.ravelry.com/projects/Sockwhisperer/crofters-cowl
    Two different yarns, similar products!
    greetings, Ewa from holland

    ReplyDelete