Sunday, 20 June 2010

Knitting Magazine

I've got a 1/2 page ad in Knitting magazine's sock knitting supplement in September .. which is great as the team there are so lovely and helpful :) and the repro people make such a good job of whatever  images/text I'm able to email them.
The thing is up until now I've had 1/4 page ads and small web ads... but never anything bigger so I reckon I'm going to need to get a really nice photo to put on the bigger ad!
I've been racking my brain over the last week or so as to what to include in the photo... the one ad I think I like the best so far is from loop... though OH (the one with the superior upper hand due to doing photography at college yada yada yada ...) doesn't rate it..
He (with a capital H) has advised that I just need to start taking pics of different ideas and something will 'emerge'...errm... he's so gung ho ;) and in the absence of any ideas myself that's exactly what i've been doing... I started off with a couple of zauberball, a rose from the garden, some needles and a couple of mugs (other than myself)...





... I picked zauberball as I like it's lovely roundedness but I'll continue with other ranges/mixes/settings... just hope something ... emerges ;) 

4 comments:

  1. Zauerball is the perfect ball to photograph!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore zauberball,lovely pictures I dream of taking beautiful shots.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh I do like your spotty mug, very nice! Great pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for saying nice things about my pattern. Keep taking lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete