Saturday, 25 September 2010

Blog Hub Swap Day 1

It arrived..... today!!!
I've been participating in a secret, yarn related, swap organised by Eskimimi in Ravelry's Blog Hub forum.... and my package of lovely presents arrived today.... I'm ahollering a big ThankYou in the direction of Edinburgh to the lovely crudmonkey.... from whom came my gifts :)

My intention was to open one a day for a week and blog each day (as suggested on the forum).... but then I noticed that there were actually 8 presents, which threw me entirely out of kilter, and before I realised I had opened them all ;) ......I'll blog them over the next few days :)

After opening the cute donkey card i tore straight into the 'squishy' package which could only be...  yarn.....

now... this isn't just any yarn! It's summer sky blue (my most favourite colour of the moment), hand-dyed in Scotland (my ancestral home on one side), 50% silk and 50% superwash merino... sock (the best type) yarn!! how fabulous!
... and what's more... hiding behind it was..
... a little donkey ^..^




11 comments:

  1. Awww I love the donkey and the yarn looks super squishy =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. the donkey is adorable, yes, and so is the yarn, but to me, the post is adorable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you like it :D. Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are lucky! What a great swap partner you have.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a gorgeous skein of yarn!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a cool photo shoot:) cute donkey and beautiful sock yarn! perfection:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how fun! I can't wait to see what else you got. :) Love the tiny donkey!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous yarn... gorgeous colour and love the donkey... very cool...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh what a lovely colour the yarn is. What a cute donkey.

    ReplyDelete