Sunday, 3 October 2010

yarnography

The photo assignment on the yarnographers group on Ravelry is... weather and movement. Great! .. as I am in Wales... and if anyone has been trying to watch the Ryder Cup they may have noticed that the weather in Wales is dismally appalling which should make for great weather pictures :)
As I haven't worked out the shutter speed thing yet (to blur or catch movement) I started with some gentle water droplet movement ...


... on a David Austin rosebud in the garden... although I'd like to capture something a bit wilder ;)

I also recently updated the araucania photos on the website with some of my own... my favourite being..



9 comments:

  1. Lovely capture of the rose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow! that rosebud is so sweet. i've been rather slack with this week's photo assignment - i'm waiting for good (and by that I mean bad) weather. just as well there isn't a deadline for submissions, eh?
    i'm liking the araucania shot too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Which David Austin rose is that ? His roses aren't usually as strong-scented as I'd like ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Vivianne... it's Mayor of Casterbridge. I've got a small bed of DA roses outside the window and some don't have much of a scent... although this one has a lovely old rose scent. My favourite to look at is Teasing Georgia as it's a beautiful yellow with an old rose look... but it doesn't have a scent which is always disappointing. I'm a bit of a fan of old cottage garden style roses :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty! I always love your yarn but droplets on roses are divine!

    ReplyDelete