Sunday, 14 November 2010

Macro Monday Gargoyles


What are these Gargoyles doing? They live high up on a cathedral overlooking a busy street below. One seems to be trying to take off like superman while the other pretends not to notice... a bit like a 'hear no evil, see no evil' monkey ^..^



Now if I had a zoom lens, or a hang-glider, I could get a better look :)

If you'd like to join in Macro Monday it's easy. Take a macro pic and post it on a Monday... then have a look over on Lisa's Chaos and add your post to the others :)

7 comments:

  1. I know they have a symbolic meaning in architecture, but what scary faces they have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa!!! So very excellent!!! I even had to call in my dear man to see your photos...he loves gargoyles.


    My Macro is in a NUT SHELL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the shocked face of the the right hand gargoyle in the first photo... very cool photo... is this a Breton church?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found a building with those once - I think they're so COOL! I think they're waterspouts. Wish I had some.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the gargoyles...we live in Delaware, and gargoyles are in short supply, alas!

    ReplyDelete